When it comes to feeding a hungry infant, they will love this wholesome hearty spaghetti Bolognese – full of fresh ingredients so you don’t have to compromise on flavour. Oh, and it only takes 30 minutes!
If you read the recent news that some shop bought Bolognese sauces are loaded with salt and sugar, then you might be thinking about what the alternative is.
You might be surprised at how quick, easy and affordable it is to make your own sauce and bolognese from scratch. A Mum friend of mine asked for my recipe, so I thought what the heck, I might as well share it with you too. You’re welcome!
(Serves 3- 4)
Music to cook to: Eros Ramazotti
- Chop up all your ingredients in preparation
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Place tomatoes in an oven dish with onion, herbs and pepper (optional) and cook for 15-20 mins, or until looking juicy!
- In the meantime get your kettle on and get the spaghetti boiling
- In a medium saucepan heat some oil and add carrots (hidden veg!), onion and garlic until they brown
- Add in the mince and cook thoroughly (this is important as kids cannot have rare mince)
- Blend up the tomatoes, adding boiled water for a lighter consistency. I recommend the Nuby blender.
- For smaller infants, mix the sauce with the mince and blend further for a smoother eat
- Mix with spaghetti, sprinkle on cheese and hey presto!
You can also watch the video here:
Your baby should love this delicious meal, and you can freeze portions once cooled, for up to a month.
We hope you love it, let us know @milkdrunkdiary on the usuals..
Never miss another post, sign up to our FREE newsletter here, it takes seconds!