It’s a heartbreaking virus that leaves devastation in its quake. Sadly Meningitis still claims the lives of children, most recently you might have read the tragic story of this 3-year old, whose parents are urging others to learn more about its symptoms.
What are the Symptoms?
Early symptoms can include: Fever, headache, vomiting, muscle pain and fever with cold hands and feet.
Someone with meningitis or septicaemia can get a lot worse very quickly. Keep checking them.
Please read the FULL SYMPTOMS for babies and toddlers HERE >>
Which is why I’m proud to be supporting Meningitis awareness once again for ‘Meningitis May’.
Meningitis Now is a fantastic organisation that raises awareness and funds for those affected by the devastating illness. It can affect anyone, but especially our young.
So how can we help? Here’s some fundraising ideas to mark this important month…
- MEN-IN-heels: A little play on words here, but I’d definitely give money to see my (male) boss rock a pair of Louboutin’s in the office in aid of Meningitis Now. Sure it’s one for the fellas, but I think somehow this might just be a hit!
- Guess the kids photo: Who doesn’t love a bit of nostalgia! Why not all bring a picture from your childhood in to the office and create a gallery. Everyone who takes part donates £1, with the ‘best baby photo’ getting to leave early on Friday and all the money going to the charity. Win-win!
- Theresa MAY: Pick a Friday in May – any Friday and come to the office as your favourite Prime Minister. May, Thatcher, Churchill – take your pick. Pay to get involved!
- The MENtos challenge: Yum. We all love a mentos sweet. Why not run a competition to see who can bake the best cake using mentos, or better still – who can hold the most mentos in their mouth!
- The Great British Fake Off: Summer’s here, why not challenge your office to wear fake tan for the day and the most ‘David Dickinson’ of them all wins a half day holiday. Everyone who takes part contributes to the charity. Think of the photos!
Well, they are my thoughts, but you can always stick to beaning someone!
The good thing is that Meningitis Now will support you in your fundraising, with a dedicated account executive, your own online fundraising page and a certificate to share.
To get involved, check out their website here >>>
If you enjoyed this post, then read our inspiring future on International Women’s Day here>>>