An essential read on the top BabyBjorn products every parent needs…
Every now and then in life you discover a product that’s a game-changer. And when you do, you become the world’s most loyal and devoted fan of the brand. Apple, Volkswagen, Dyson, M.A.C and Netflix, I’m talking to you!
Come forth BabyBjörn – ye Swedish saviours, I award you with the Milk Drunk trophy of ‘Services to Parentkind’!
So who is this Swedish mafia? Well if it’s possible that you’re a parent and haven’t heard of then, they’re a family-owned company established in the sixties who develop innovative products for the 0-3 year market. Their range is well honed, practical, stylish and frankly essential – in a Waitrose Hummus kind of way! And even though most of their products pre-date you and I, they manage to keep them fresh with limited edition runs, fresh colours and fabrics for the ever changing seasons.
MY FIRST CARRIER
It was the first BabyBjörn product I bought, setting the obsession in motion. The humble classic carrier was my saviour in those early days when I needed to get about despite having a needy baby. I look back at photos and there’s so many of me and Boo posing with him fully strapped in, it’s hard to imagine how I’d have stumbled otherwise.
- Small, light and easy to use
- An absolute life-saver at airports or going up and down train station platforms
- Helps bond and keep you and baby close together
… MY SECOND CARRIER
- Extra-padded shoulder straps and sturdy waist strap
- Front and back carrying
- Comes in a selection of colours, my current favourite is denim
- Acknowledged as a a hip-healthy baby carrier by International Hip Dysplasia Institute
In his early first months my son wasn’t good at being left on his own, he struggled to sleep in his cot during the day and needed lots of comfort. This is when I discovered the BabyBjörn bouncer – his happy place to bounce, bottle feed and sleep. Look out for their limited edition ranges – we managed to scoop an unusual milkshake shade which everyone comments on.
- The fabric comes off really easy to machine wash for all those milk (and wine) stains!
- It’s super easy to fold down, like an ironing board, so doesn’t take up much room
- Offers baby good support
- No batteries required (hurrah!)
I was SO excited when I stumbled across the BabyBjörn kitchen range, oh my. Smiley faces, baby sized utensils and in bright happy colours. It was an instant hit.
We use it every day, but realistically from about eight months it became a staple in our house.
- Fun size plate intended to help baby scoop food
- Baby size spoon and fork with short handles
- Comes in happy colours Blue/Orange or Pink/Purple
- Safe and secure, with low mattress
- Easy to set up and fold up
- Soft and comfy mattress
- Suitable for up to three years old
THE HIGH CHAIR
- Comfortable, ergonomic and safe
- Easy to clean
- Exclusively for this summer, pastel shades of green and pink available
THE MUST-HAVE BAG OF THE SUMMER
- 13 pockets and a number of practical compartments
- Dark grey on the outside, light purple on the inside
- Unisex and can be worn three different ways
Watch the preview video here…
C’est bien, as the French would say, although I should probably break out in Swedish, if only I knew any! But what language is needed anyway, when we all speak the same – and that’s the universal head nod and thumbs-up of parent.
To find out more about the BabyBjörn range, visit their website at babybjorn.co.uk
Stockists include: John Lewis, Precious Little One, Amazon, Mothercare, Kiddicare, Peppermint and many others.