Forget learning to ride a bike, drive a car, or taking your A-levels, the greatest test in life is having a baby!
Pouring over a glass of Proseco recently, I was kindly reminded by a friend that I once bought her newborn baby a pair of socks for a one year old. My reasoning ‘baby size is one size, right’. I look back and cringe!
But it did make me think about all the different things you don’t realise before having a child. In denial? Let me jog your memory, how many of these do you tick!?
12 things you thought, before having a child!
- Before having a kid, you thought all kids wore size ‘baby’!?
- Before parenthood, you assumed that every woman had the same milk supply!
- In a time before children, you thought ‘mastitis’ was a hardcore rock band!
- You’d only get up at 4am if it meant getting on a plane to Ibiza!
- Having a period was a monthly chore, now it’s a monthly reminder that the pill is working!
- Mothercare was something you did once a year for Mother’s Day!
- Tummy time meant lying flat to overcome a horrible hangover!
- You said you’d NEVER wipe your kids face with spit…
- … or go to sleep with baby sick in your hair
- Night time reading usually took the form of ‘Ninety Shades’ rather than Meg & Mog!
- You forgot how much you hate nursery rhymes!
- You thought MILK DRUNK was a new cocktail to try!